Lilburn Trust Grants
The Lilburn Trust supports a wide range of projects on New Zealand music. It has supplied grants to performers, composers, authors, filmmakers, record companies and oral historians to help promote New Zealand’s musical arts, to advance musical knowledge and appreciation, and to preserve musical archives.
Within budgetary considerations, the Lilburn Trust will consider applications for support toward the following projects related to New Zealand art music or traditional Māori music:
- CD/DVD production
- Music score publication
- Publication of books and periodicals on New Zealand music
- Research into New Zealand music leading to publication
- Promotion of New Zealand music
- Preservation of music scores and recordings
- Conferences and workshops in relation to New Zealand music
- Music librarianship
- Oral histories in music
- Other projects consistent with the aims and precedents of the Lilburn Trust.
Applications will be considered twice a year. The closing dates for each round are 31 May and 31 October. Click here if you would like more information about how to apply for a grant.